Jobs & Careers – Now Hiring!
Cornerstone CFCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. As a people centered organization, we are looking for employees who care about our members and our community. Working for Cornerstone requires intelligence, team work, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and grow personally.
Current Opportunities – Lending Clerk
Responsible for perfecting liens and maintaining appropriate insurance on all secured loans, and for filing and maintaining Disability Insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for setup and follow-up of Collateral Protection Insurance Program; adding and refunding insurance premiums, and maintaining general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for follow-up of insurance for real estate and miscellaneous collateralized loans.
- Responsible for follow-up of all Collateral Loans that require filings in the designated counties of titling in the proper state to perfect our security interest. This will include continuations and terminations of the UCCI Filings in the counties (Mortgages and Home Equity Loans are excluded).
- Monitors and verifies receipt of MV-901 filings.
- Performs filming and filing.
- Handles all members Disability Insurance Claims. This will include advising the insurance carrier to initiate a claim and the required follow-up with the member and/or insurance company.
- Maintains order in the Loan Vault area.
- Teller contact person for proper credit of CUNA payments.
- Distribute Loan Department mail.
- Has a thorough knowledge of products and services and educates members of their availability.
- Adhere to safe work practices and procedures.
- Be neat, punctual and professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Always represent the best interests of the Credit Union in words and actions.
- Complete all required training.
- Will be the Loan Reception back-up as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have thorough knowledge of Credit Union Lending Policies and Collection Procedures, as well as general knowledge of other departments.
- Has a thorough knowledge of interest rates and dividends, how they are computed and disclosed, and is capable of discussing this with the member.
- Employee must be able to communicate effectively (verbally & in writing) and generate grammatically correct written reports, letters, memorandums, etc.
- Employee must possess mental alertness, punctuality and neatness in appearance.
- Employee must maintain a cooperative attitude with other employees and help to maintain the friendliest atmosphere possible in the credit union office.
- Must strive to render the best possible service to all the membership.
- Must keep current with basic knowledge of all credit union programs, and must thoroughly cross-sell all credit union products at every available opportunity.
- Must become a graduate of the Service Plus program, and provide consistent high-quality and memorable service as outlined in the curriculum
- The ability to properly receive members, either by telephone or in person.
- Employee will follow any instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by management.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and edit grammatically correct written reports, letters, memorandums, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, members and vendors.
Employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive Cornerstone CFCU, member, employee, and proprietary information both during and after their employment. If an employee has a question about the confidentiality of a particular matter, they should consult with their Manager/Supervisor or Human Resources. Any violation of this rule may subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- High school Diploma or G.E.D. required, minimum of Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of credit union experience, banking experience, or experience in a closely related field.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bondable upon initial employment, with continued ability to be bondable throughout term of employment.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: Click Here
Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Vet