Jobs & Careers – Now Hiring!
Cornerstone CFCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. As a people centered organization, we are looking for employees who care about our members and our community. Working for Cornerstone requires intelligence, team work, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and grow personally.
Current Opportunities – Human Resources Assistant
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
Will play an active role in administration, auditing and handling items connected to payroll and benefits including but not limited to employee benefits, weekly payroll and timesheets, paycheck calculations, 401-k, COBRA, etc. The role will also regularly interact with external resources as other members of the HR team, Finance team, and company employees and managers. A high level of customer service, professionalism, and team work is required of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes weekly payroll for entire organization.
- Maintains ADP system for accuracy and maximizing its abilities.
- Notifies head union steward on an employee’s 90 days.
- Verifies payroll correctness and distributes paychecks.
- Processes garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, third party sick pay and worker compensation reports.
- Coordinates, processes and verifies payroll data regarding employee life cycle including new hires, promotions, transfers, pay-rate changes and terminations.
- Manages system updates, processes and functionality of ADP payroll system.
- Assists in the facilitation of Open Enrollment annually including designing and leading employee meetings
- Assists in Administering benefits and employee insurance plans: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, FSA, STD, LTD, PFL, COBRA, and 401(k) plans.
- Calculates employee deductions and track PTO/Vacation/Float Time.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly benefit premiums and prepare documentation for payment by Accounting.
- Performs several reconciliations including but not limited to benefit invoices, 401k and payroll to assist Finance with reconciling variances and/or fluctuations to the general ledger.
- Creates and posts journal entries for payroll and benefits.
- Assists in Administering New Hire Orientation and processes New Hire paperwork.
- Ensures all payroll related filings are processed such as annual W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Records all and report employee incidents to workers compensation insurance company and member incidents to auditing. Responsible for the administration of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Responds in a timely manner to employee and manager questions regarding payroll and benefits.
- Prepares management reports as requested, as well as timely preparation of other reports necessary to conduct business.
- Ensures payroll and benefit plans compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Assures payroll reporting requirements are followed by employees and proper company procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain accurate employee files and manage audit processes for compliance.
- Maintain and order supply list for department.
- Obtaining and sorting department mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field.
- Strong working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now with at least two years’ experience with ADP.
- Experience using ADP or other payroll/time and attendance tracking systems are required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources is required.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Vet